Saturday 17 December 2016

My Favourite Everyday Lipsticks.

Hey guys! Hope you all are doing well.

In this week’s post, I will be sharing my favourite everyday lipsticks.

Personally I love wearing bold colours on a daily basis to college but I understand not everyone is comfortable with that. So in this post I will be covering “My Lips But Better” shades that are basically neutral shades.
So without further ado lets get to the lipsticks.



Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry.
The Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms are chubby sticks similar in packaging to the Clinique Chubby Sticks. They are roll up crayons with colour coded packaging. They retail for Rs.900. Even though it is matte, it is a balm so it is moisturising and comfortable to wear. It has average wear time of 3-4 hours and can be easily re-applied after a few hours. The shade Sultry is a subtle pink with slight brown undertones. Not only would this lipstick look great on a daily basis but also it would look equally good with a heavy eye make up look.

Lip Swatch in Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry.

Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Moss Lipstick in 105.
The Rimmel Lasting Finish lipsticks are satin lipsticks that retail for Rs.275. They come in a basic red colour cover with Kate written on it. Since they are satin lipsticks, it feels as light as a lip balm. However that also affects their longevity adversely. Yet I love this sheer pink shade since it almost appears as if I don’t have any lipstick on. It is perfect for the “no make up” make up look.
It is available on Nykaa currently.

Lip Swatch For Rimmel Lasting Finish in 105.

Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Crazy for Coffee.
The Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick is a brown toned equivalent to the Rimmel lipstick. They are satin finish lipsticks that are super comfortable to wear.  They retail for Rs.475. It comes in a silver body with a brown cap. As the name suggests, this shade appears as though your lips have been stained by a cup of coffee. It adds the perfect amount of warmth and colour to your face.

Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Crazy For Coffee.


Lakme 9 to 5 Lipstick in Plum Pick.
The Lakme 9 to 5 Lipsticks are my favourite Indian drugstore range of lipsticks. They retail for Rs. 450. They come in this beautiful rose gold body and stay on forever. They are matte yet comfortable on the lips. They have amazing range of shades as well. However I love the shade Plum Pick because it is the perfect plum shade for daily wear. It is somewhere in between a bright pink and a deep plum shade.
Lip Swatch of Lakme 9 to 5 in Plum Pick.

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Bumble.
The Colourpop liquid lipsticks are my absolute favourite. They have the most beautiful colours and have an amazing formula.They come in a cylindrical tube with a long wand. They are super easy to apply and really affordable.Unfortunately they don’t ship to India directly thus I purchase them from beautytales.co.in. The shade Bumble is a dupe for Kristen from Kylie Cosmetics. It is unique every day shade with a tinge of red. I have done an entire post on Colourpop Cosmetics if you would like to check it out.
http://compactmatters.blogspot.com/2016/12/colourpop-review-swatches.html

Lip Swatch of Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Bumble.


 My lips are a little  dark and pigmented and I am not comfortable very nude shades since I feel they wash me out a little but for those of you who like nude shades I recommend MAC Lipstick in Velvet Teddy.


Lip swatch of MAC Velvet Teddy.



That is all for this post. I hope you found it useful. If you have any suggestions or questions, please leave it down in a comment.

For regular updates, follow our Facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/compactmatters/
Photography Credits: Ananya Khatri and Shivam Bhatt.


No comments:

Post a Comment