Saturday 10 June 2017

Bohemian Vibes

Hey guys! Hope you all are doing well. 

In today's post I will be telling you how I styled a black dress with a boho touch.

I have personally always admired Bohemian dressing, its colourful,  sets you apart from others and it looks pretty cool too. Bohemian dressing generally involves headbands, printed maxi's, eye catching colourful geometric prints, long coats with tassels, chunky metal or leather jewellery. 
As much as I admire this style, till recently I had never tried my hand at a boho look. 






However I recently found a black maxi in my cupboard,  an outfit I probably bought months ago but never wore. Its a full length black dress with some details on it.
I bought this black dress from a store called Clothes Rack in Andheri west. 

I was aiming to add just a subtle Boho vibe to the dress so I though of starting with the most basic and easily available accessories like the trademark metal neckpiece. According to me it is one of the most basic jewellery pieces that can add a subtle boho vibe to any outfit. 



I added a few metallic bangles and a ring which matched with the blue details on the neckpiece. I dint want to keep my hand empty so I added the bangles, but you could exclude them and just stick with the ring.  







You can find similar neckpieces, bangles and rings in  Lokhandwala, Irla, Hill road, Linking road and even in stores like forever 21. There are a variety of designs that you can choose from. If you go street shopping these neckpieces and rings will cost around 100 bucks and the bangles around 150 rupees. If you are looking for some delicate designs you should check out the jewellery section in Forever 21. 


I paired this dress with some high heels, due to its length flats would only make me trip. But some strappy sandals or gladiators would look really good too. 








That's all for todays post.
 For regular updates, follow our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/compactmatters/
You can find Brinda and me on instagram 
@infinite_times_infinity
@a__ritu


Photography - Ankita Hattangadi 
(instgram @the_streetosphere) 

No comments:

Post a Comment