Saturday 1 April 2017

The Maybelline Blushed Nudes Review.

Hey guys! Hope you all are doing well.

In this week’s post, I will be reviewing the Maybelline Blushed Nudes eyeshadow palette.

One of my 2017 resolutions is to improve at eye make up specifically application of eyeshadow. I have seen like a bazillion tutorials but when it comes to eye shadow I personally end up taking a back seat. Last year I started with some neutral matte shades and I was really tempted to purchase the Maybelline Blushed Nudes when it was launched. Finally on Christmas my most adorable sister gifted it to me. I have worn it a couple of times and will be reviewing based on my experience.


Price

The Maybelline Blushed Nudes retails for Rs.900.

Packaging

The Maybelline Blushed Nudes is a rose gold palette with 12 eyeshadows out of which 2 are matte shades and 10 are shimmery shades.On the bottom of the palette, the shades are divided into quads (4 shades), trios (3 shades)  and duos (2 shades) along with a brief instruction on how and where to apply them.

The Maybelline Blushed Nudes also includes an applicator with an eyeshadow applicator sponge on one side and a tiny flat eyeshadow brush on the other. The palette does not include a mirror.

Texture

The Maybelline Blushed Nudes is moderately pigmented. The texture of all the shades differ from one another. The shimmery shades apply smoothly. The matte shades go on a little chalky. All the shades can be easily layered over each other to achieve better colour intensity.

Swatches for the bottom line right to left.

Swatches for the top line right to left.

Fragrance

The Maybelline Blushed Nudes does not have any fragrance.

Longevity

With some setting spray, the eyeshadows last for 5-6 hours with the same colour vibrancy. The colour may lose its intensity but the shimmer stays on for 8-9 hours.

Pros

Travel friendly.
Beginner friendly.
Easy to blend.
Affordable.
The instructions on the bottom are really helpful.

Cons

Some of the shades are similar to another.
Only 2 matte shades.
The pigmentation of the matte shades is chalky.
The applicator is no good.

My Verdict

Even though this palette has quite a few flaws, it works well for me since I am not an expert at eye make up but if you are looking to create some bold and colourful looks, you should probably this one a miss. 

That is all for this post. I hope you found it useful. If you have any suggestions or comments, please leave it down in a comment.

For regular updates, follow our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/compactmatters/
Photography Credits: Shivam Bhatt, Vini Bakhda and Anushka Varma.

No comments:

Post a Comment