Saturday 8 July 2017

How I Colour My hair.

Hey guys! 

In this week's post I will be telling you all about my coloured hair.

So as you may have seen in our previous posts, I have pink hair. And I'm constantly asked how I got it done, did I change the colour or how long the colour lasts. So I decided to do a post to address all these questions. 






So I got my hair coloured in October (2016), but it wasn't pink, it was purple. 
To get a colour like blue, pink, purple your hair needs to be pre lightened, which means it is bleached and causes the hair to turn blonde. 

Once that is done, a mix of the colour and developer is added to the pre lightened hair and covered with foil. This is left alone for about an hour and then washed. Once it is washed you have your coloured hair.This colour, purple in my case lasts for about a month and then starts fading away. Purple can either turn pink or bluish-green. 

So once the colour starts fading away, your hair obviously won't look as good as before and recolouring it every month in the parlour can be really expensive. That's when I tried searching for some DIY hair colours. 



I use this shade to colour my hair pink.

I happened to find the Crazy Colour botttles on amazon and snapdeal and since then have been using the Crazy Colour bottles, and that's how I coloured my hair pink. 

It's really simple to use and easily cheaper than going to the parlour. 
You just need to add some of the colour into a bowl and apply it on your pre lightened/ faded hair. I add a bit of conditioner to the colour, however it's not necessary for you to do so.
You can apply the colour with a brush and then even it out with your fingers. (Make sure you wear gloves because some of the colours may leave a stain on your hand). 
Once you apply the colour, you can tie your hair and leave it for 30-60 minutes. (Without any foils). After that you can wash your hair, but try not to rub the coloured part too much as you may wash away some of it. 



Some things to keep in mind while colouring your hair - 

- Bleach will make your hair rough and a bit dry. 
-You can use the shampoo/conditioners made specially for coloured hair. 
-The Crazy Colour will work only on previously bleached hair and this too will fade after 2-3 weeks. 
-Crazy Colour has a wide range of colours and costs around 650 rupees.
-You can buy it online from snapdeal / Amazon or from Beauty Palace/ Beautiful in Bandra. 


That's all for this post. I hope this answers some of your questions on hair colouring. If you still have any questions, do leave it in the comments. 

For regular updates, follow us on social media.
Instagram @compactmatters

Photography - Ankita Hattangadi
 (instagram @the_streetosphere) 










No comments:

Post a Comment