Saturday 11 February 2017

How I Clean My Beauty Blender.

Hi guys! Hope you all are doing well.

In this week’s post, I will be sharing how I clean my beauty blender or make up sponges.

Like I mentioned in my post on How I Clean My Brushes, it is extremely important to clean your make up tools regularly in order to prevent the growth of any sort of bacteria on it. The beauty blender is my favourite make up tool since it can be used for so many things I own the original Beauty Blender. However I prefer the PAC Beauty Blender over it. 
If you would like to me to do a post on it, comment below.

A lot of bloggers like using the same method I shared in my How I Clean My Brushes post
 for their beauty blender. However I personally feel the sponge soaks in too much of the solution and washing it off damages the beauty blender.

Luckily, PAC launched a dupe for the Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser. It is packaged similarly and does an equally good job. However is much more affordable.

Price.

The PAC Solid Brush Cleanser retails for Rs.600 for 32g on Amazon.

Packaging.

The PAC Solid Brush Cleanser comes in a spherical box with cleanser placed inside.



Fragrance.

The PAC Solid Brush Cleanser has a mild fragrance but it does not transfer into the beauty blender.

Usage.

Wet the dirty beauty blender throughly. Dip it into the solid cleanser. Massage it gently over the spots it has been stained. Repeat the process until all stains have disappeared. This usually takes around 2-3 minutes. 
Ensure there is water left in the solid cleanser box as it would cause the cleanser to melt.
You can use the PAC Solid Brush Cleanser to clean brushes as well. However I feel it is more suitable for Beauty Blenders and make up sponges.

Stained PAC Beauty Blender



PAC Beauty Blender after it has been washed.


Alternative Method.

If you do not want to spend on a solid cleanser, you can use a face wash instead. Just wet the blender and apply the face wash all over it. Gently massage it especially on spots it has been stained. This method takes a little longer to clean and dry but works equally well. You can use any face wash. I recommend a face wash with anti bacterial properties like the VLCC Alpine Mint & Tea Tree Face Wash.


That is all for this post. If you have any questions or suggestions, leave it down in comment.
For regular updates, follow our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/compactmatters/
Photography Courtesy:Shivam Bhatt.

1 comment:

  1. Very efficiently written information. It will be priceless to anybody who uses it, together with myself. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete