Sunday 1 January 2017

2016 Favourites.

Hey guys! Happy New Year. Hope you had an amazing year. Here we are at the end of 2016. This year literally just flew by. Even though 2016 was not one of my favourites, for me it will always be the year, I discovered my love for make up and finally started Compact Matters. I would like to thank each and every reader for supporting Compact Matters. You have made my year special. 

So for the first post of the year, I will take you through all my favourite products that I loved and adored in 2016.




Maybelline Fit Me Foundation and Concealer
Maybelline’s Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation in 230 Natural Buff and Fit Me Concealer in Medium are my absolute favourites.  The Fit Me range was launched early this year in India and luckily I found a perfect shade match in the foundation and concealer. Both the products have the perfect texture and are pretty inexpensive. The Fit Me foundation is apparently a dupe for MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation and the Fit Me Concealer is a dupe for the NARS Creamy Radiant Concealer. These two are my permanent holy grail products.



 Colourpop Super Shock Cheek
The Colourpop Super Shock Cheek in Hippo has been my favourite highlighter. This year has been all about the glow for me. I finally started playing around different kinds of highlighters and really loved the different outcomes. This highlighter is a cream highlighter that I purchased from beauty tales.co.in. It is as pigmented as a product can get. This shade is a lilac silver in colour which is definitely not an everyday highlighter but I totally love it.




Plum Natur Studio Kohl
The Plum Natur Studio Kohl has found its place in my make up stash permanently. It is my favourite liner cum kajal. Thanks to this product I have started lining my waterline after ages. It stays on forever and does not smudge. I have ranted about how much I love this product in a previous post, if you would like to check it out.
 http://compactmatters.blogspot.com/2016/11/plum-natur-studio-kohl-review.htm



Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
The Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara has been my favourite this year. In my opinion, it is an upgrade on the Maybelline Colossal Mascara. It adds volume and length to the lashes while separating them. It is perfect for every day wear and with a few more coats adds all the volume you could need for a night out. Also I totally love the rose gold packaging.




Chambor Extreme Wear Transferproof Liquid Lipstick
2016 has been all about liquid lipsticks. Until last year, I was a red lipstick person totally but this year I moved on to some nude pinks among which the Chambor Extreme Wear Transferproof Liquid Lipstick in 401 has been my go to lipstick. I love their how comfortable it is despite being super matte. I have a complete review on this lipstick as well. http://compactmatters.blogspot.com/2016/09/chambors-xtreme-wear-transferproof.html



Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
The Real Techniques Expert Face Brush has made my life heaven and my contour on fleek in 2016. Initially I was a little hesitant about powder contouring because it could easily end up looking like a brown patch on your cheek. This brush helps me place my contour perfect and blends it just the perfect amount so that it is visible but not to stark.





That is all for this post. I want to wish all of you a Happy New Year! May you always slay with or without make up. 
For regular updates, follow our Facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/compactmatters/
Photography Credits: Shivam Bhatt.

No comments:

Post a Comment